Monday, August 1, 2011

Day and a half to Winslow

I got a good morning after my restful Sunday and started out at 7am today. It's chilly in the morning up at 6500 ft and I wore my long sleeve shirt for the first time.
The road to holbrook was pretty boring. Not any towns or landmarks to fill the 90 miles. I was on a mission to get there fast, especially feeling lucky having weather on my side. I got to my destination at 12:30 and still felt good so I decided to press on. I would head another 30 miles to Winslow and help get a headstart for Tuesday. The extra 30 miles then, of course, were pretty hellacious. The wind picked up (but no rain at least) and the final 10 miles were a steady uphill. I finished up a little tired, but it will definitely payoff tomorrow. I had a wonderful dinner at Denny's and in bed already.

The latest ETA for the coast is Sunday night, should be smooth sailing fromhere on out. Can't wait to start headin downhill starting tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Winslow Arizona of the famed Eagles song "Take it Easy"?

    ReplyDelete