Saturday, August 6, 2011

Out of the mountains

After 2 weeks, I'm finally down to the other side of the mountains. Rolling hills as I started out from Barstow, the big obstacle today was the wind in my face and some horrible pavement along the way, not to mention being exhausted from my night ride earlier. It's so hard rising on the rough gravelly roads, since you never get to coast an constantly have to work the pedals to keep your speed. The wind was constant all day, and u kept hoping it would shift once I got into the mountain passes.

The sum was out, but it only got into their 90s maybe, that seemed much more manageable compared to the last week. Once I got to the mountain pass, I got to jump on the highway and zip thru a 10 mile stretch and coming out to the urban sprawl of San bernardino. I stopped in the wigwam motel right on route 66 and resting up for the last Sunday ride.

The hotel manager says the 80 mile stretc to the brachial is a 4.5 he drive, so I should taper my time expectation. I'll be racing the traffic lights the entire distance, so I hope I get lucky with lights and traffic, either way I know the hills are behind me.

The final stretch an I hope for a good night once I gent Santa Monica pier around 6pm, can't wait to hit the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment