Thursday, August 4, 2011

Needles

Made it through the mountain pass to Needles and I'm finally in California! I got an early 5am start and made it thru the low valley before the sun peaked over the mountains. It was a slow downhill, that was interupted by some really bumpy pavement. I made it into oatman about 8:30 hopin for some breakfast. The oatman hotel was closed to my surprise, the owner has another hotel up in sturgis and he closes shop In oatman all of august. So I was bummed leaving oatman, but the burros that Han around town came strolling in as I took the road south out if town. A quick run on the highway and I got to needles around 12:30 and into my cool hotel for the day.

My hardest day of the ride is tomorrow and also my birthday, hope Incan riser the last $1000 to reach my 3000 goal.

Looking at a 160 mile highway ride starting at 1am tonight to avoid the sun on Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment