Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 3 on the road

Took off from Chicago very late on Wednesday. After breakfast with my cousin Rachel I finally got on the road at about 11am. The time changed got me an extra hour to relax or I'd be really behind. The road out of town heads thru the usual suburbs and the route 66 sights don't begin until Joliet about 40 miles out. From here the whole road changes, the areas open up as the farmland begins, commuter cars turn to sem trucks and the 55 mph highways stretch for miles. There's something different about getting on 66 finally, since most people just seem to know who's out on the leisurely ride. I met people taking pictures along he way, but they were staying on the chicago end. I stopped in Dwight for the night at a motel, and fully rested to work some more days. Getting to springfield tonight to meet a couchaurfing friend. And still no sunburn... All is well
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment