Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Off day

An easy day for me on Wednesday. I stayed an extra day at he blue swallow motel and feel ready for the long haul thru the desert now. Nancy and Kevin mueller are originally from Brighton, michigan and just took over the motel this year. They passed along a donation, and a long sleeve souvineer shirt that will help once i head to higher elevation. It's just off of I-40 by the new mexico/Texas border and I strongly recommend you swing by.

I go to sleep in for the first time all trip (8 am) and lounged around after a big breakfast. I checked Out the local Quarles art gallery, who painted murals all around town. The blue swallow has some around the walls and even in the motor garages. Just watching some baseball now and getting ready for an easy ride tomorrow to Santa rosa. There's always a feeling that when I ride I want to keep going, and taking days off like this make me want to relax a little longer. So before that feeling gets too strong, I'll be on my way. See you again someday tucumcari!

No comments:

Post a Comment