Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy day to Santa rosa

Pretty easy day taking my time to santa rosa today. I took off from tucumcari about 7:30 and took the frontage road out of town. Unfortunately it deadened and I was walking my bike next to the dirt trail next to the railroad tracks. Once the trail got close to he interstate I jumped on and stayed on until Santa rosa. It was a cool day and I managed to get to my hotel by 1:00 and took a nap durin the heat.

I wanted to get over to the Blue Hole, a natural spring in town hat stays at 65 degrees year round. So by 4:00 I was ready to ride the 2 miles to swim, but when I came out dark clouds and wind were rolling in and he rain started to sprinkle. its supposed to rain all week in Albuquerque, by he storms don't start until the afternoon. So I'm hoping to get a 3am start tomorrow to be sure I get to Albuquerque around 1 or 2. I stopped by the truck stops and asked advice about getting to Santa fe, but it's a pretty desolate road out there. So I'm skipping Santa fe And heading west with I-40 across new Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment