Friday, July 22, 2011

Get me outta oklahoma

Big ups to rusty and Jan fees for putting me up last night. Plenty of help going into and out of Oklahoma city. They reminded me that the hills are only on the east side of the state, and I appreciated the lie. I also got to ride with Darl out of Oklahoma city over to El Reno. He has helped me with advice along the way and gave me my only souvenir of the trip so far: a okahoma city coin. That's about all the weight I'm willing to add to the bike. The wind out of the south was awful to ride thru, but at least it was only at my side all day. I stopped in weatherford for the night, and will Rees on 3 more days to new Mexico beforei take a day off on Tuesday (I hope)

I always met a good friend today. Oris is riding route 66 as well this summer and was great to compare our trips. We both had the same bike setup, same maps, and both shared our travels on a blog. While I'm racing thru the trip, Oris is really touring and taking in all the sights and stories of the road. Oh by the way, he's 76 years old and has traveled over 100,000 on his bike, that's over 4 time around the globe.

If you want the story of keeping a fast and tiring pace, stay here on this blog, if you want some great stories and full daily reports you should check out: crazyguyonabike.com/oris

Goodnight. Tomorrow I'll be in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. Oris sounds like the man! Every time someone mentions the heat I say, "just think about Alan." Then they shut up.

    ReplyDelete