Thursday, July 21, 2011

Into Tulsa.

I had a pretty easy day on wednEsday since I only had to finish the 2nd half of the previous day. I spent the day in bed getting inspired watching independence day. I left the motel right at 5 and headed down the 2 lane highway. The sun was right at the angle where it shines in the tiny space between your sunglasses and brow. Also on a sad note, I managed to lose my sunglasses, broke my headphones, and tossed away my cooling bandana. It's the first adjustments I've had to make since day 1 in Kalamazoo. If that's the worst of my adjustments I am in pretty good shape.

He ride into Tulsa was only 50 miles so I budgeted 5 hrs to arrive and was just behind schedule. There were some construction zones along the way which are great for me. The cones blocked off a full lane for miles and I got to ride free and clear. I also got to stop by the Blue Whale, a water slide attraction over a disgusting pond. Molly and I missed it on our trip heading east last winter, so I can't believe I saw it in the dark. i met Roni thru COuchsurfing and got a great but brief sleep. Psychologically I always do better with less sleep, it's like sleeping in tells my body to prepare for a lazy day. So once I get the last of the sleep out of my eye i'm ready to go.

The headwind has been constant all day but I'm pressing on to Oklahoma cry. The wind is avtually cooling me off so there's definitely pros and cons involved. Doesn't seem as hot as yesterday at least, Lunch break over, back on the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment